- Associated Press Assignments included covering Professional Sports, News and Features including the NFL,NHL and MLB
- Escalante Canyons Marathon Official Photographer
- Ironman St George, UT 10'
- Red Rock Canyon Photography Contest 2nd place, Las Vegas, NV
- Mainline Artists Hon. Mention, Philadelphia, PA
- MorningCall, Lansdale Reporter Newspaper
- Town and Country Newspaper
- Escalante Chamber of Commerce
- Restaurants include; Scaldoni's, St George, UT, Shabu Park City, UT, The Whiptail Grill Zion NP, UT, The Circle D Eatery Escalante, UT, Lespri Cellars Park City, UT Ruth's Chris' Steakhouse, Salt Lake City/Park City, UT
Hello there, my name is Patrick Hayes. I have been pursuing my Passion for Photography for more than 30 years. This has led me to travel and explore many regions of the United States and the World. Originally from Pennsylvannia, I have lived and worked aboard the SPV Star Flyer, a four masted Tall Ship, reaching Ports in the Caribbean, Spain, France, Italy, the Greek Isles and Turkey. I also worked as a String Photographer for Associated Press in the Philadelphia Metro Area,covering sports, news and features.
I first got my taste of the Desert Southwest in the early ninety's and I have spent last 12 years exploring Zion National Park, the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Glen Canyon Recreation Area and the surrounding region. I love to get into the remote areas and off the beaten path. Let my images give you a glimpse into the beauty of the World around us.
I have led Tours and Workshops in tourist destinations around the Mediterranean and the United States, including the Pennsylvania Appalachian Trail, Ports in the Mediterranean and the Desert Southwest.
One of my most rewarding Shoots was the Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge Reunion 2010, in Columbia, South Carolina. There, I spent five days with more than 80 Veterans of World War II, our Greatest Generation, making images of laughter, smiles and tears. This was both a privilege and honor. I love to help make memories last for people, but more than anything, I love to teach people. To enable you to look at the World a little differently through the viewfinder. To enable you to capture the image you see in your mind's eye, an image you will cherish and share for years to come. The Landscape of the Colorado Plateau is stunning, pristine and remote. I prefer to take a Photo-Journalistic point of view showing the journey. Then mixing art and the abstract in my images. I always like to mention that if you really want to experience the Best an Area has to offer, then utilize a Professional Local Guide. My favorites in the Desert Southwest are Excursions of Escalante, in the Grand Staircase National Monument, and Mild to Wild Rhino Tours outside of Zion National Park.
Peace and Light,